February 18, 2012

Creativity thrives when you are authentic

For the past few months I have been very much lacking creativity. Oh, I have made a bracelet or two but feel drained and off center. I call it needing to find my balance. A family matter this past year added to the emotional turmoil and now having to spend "time out" while waiting for my foot to heal brings feelings of frustration and anger. I question my creative talent, self doubt eats away then the tiny voice of fear asks if I'm really good enough to continue making jewelry.

Today I found Awakencreativity and it says: "Creativity thrives on you being totally you. When you sacrifice yourself (and your creativity) to be accepted, create sales, get press, or you don't know any other way to do it... You block your creativity from ever flourishing."


Wow! For some reason this hit me because I have been trying so hard to design a website, Facebook page and now this blog. Was it to be accepted and get lots of followers? Am I trying so hard to make myself look good that I am not being authentically me?


My creativity is not flourishing so maybe I need to break free from the "rules" that I need hundreds of blog followers, Facebook likes, and start doing it for me. I am here to express and share my creative gifts but more than anything I create because that is who I am and that is what makes me happy. I need to get back to that.





No comments: